Wednesday 15 April 2009

April 10th


April 10th (Day 9)
The beautiful frozen lake we had camped on was so large that it took us 2.5 hours to ski the length of it this morning.

We had good visibility in the morning but later in the day visibility dropped to around 50ft. This made it difficult to pick the best route. As a result we ended up climbing straight over the summit of one of the largest hills in the area; we are almost certainly the first people to have ever climbed over that hill which was some small consolation for the enormous effort it involved - getting down was not easy.

While we were doing this my mind wandered to home (always dangerous) and thinking of all the things I missed (very dangerous). I decided that the two things I miss most are my girlfriend Laura and sitting in pubs.

1 comment:

  1. Missing you too sweet pea. But don't worry there'll be a beer waiting for you when you get home. xxx

    ReplyDelete