Friday 17 April 2009

April 15th


April 15th (Day 14)
It looks like we may have cleared the worst of the rubble! We managed to link together a number of flatter pans of ground and make some progress today. Trust me – that’s quite exciting for us!

The flatter sections of ice allowed us to pick up the pace and Becks has started to struggle a little more. Certainly the rest of us have had time to condition more over the last couple of weeks so hopefully she will soon settle into the rhythm. But to make things worse Becks is also having trouble with one of her fillings which is causing her a lot of discomfort. The cold is very unforgiving on fillings!

I broke another binding today. It is becoming a worry as we are running low on spares. The terrain is certainly the root of the problem but it doesn’t help that the bindings are not big enough for my feet - even on full adjustment. Tonight I cut the back off one of my bindings and built a new strap from Velcro – this gives my foot more room. We'll see if it works tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment