Friday 10 April 2009

April 7th


April 7th (Day 6)
Big day today; pants and socks changing day! I wouldn't normally bother after just five days but I wanted to treat myself! I won’t go into details but let’s just say the mission was a success.

I was feeling a bit low on the way into camp at the end of the day but I suddenly had a massive sweat and my mood lifted – really weird. I think my body is struggling to acclimatise to the incredibly cold temperatures - but it hasn't happened since.

Last night we had a bird come into the camp – no idea where it came from or why it dropped in. It didn't seem bothered by us at all and walked around the tents having a good look. It may sound like a little thing – but out here that’s quite a big diversion.

The satellite phone has been giving me grief over the last few days. I haven't been able to maintain a signal long enough to send my blog updates. The issue seems to be past so hopefully the next few posts can go out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment